These 21 healthy snacks are quick, easy, and delicious!
Try them at work, immediately post-workout, or in class. Experiment with different combinations of ingredients, and leave a comment if you have a favorite of your own!
- Apple slices with 1 T. honey and cinnamon sprinkled on top (cinnamon is great for reducing inflammation and regulating metabolism)
- Carrots and celery with ¼ c. hummus
- 8 oz. low fat yogurt (Greek style is best), with berries mixed in
- Celery with 1 T peanut butter
- 8 oz. 2% or fat free Greek Yogurt (17 grams of protein per serving!) with seedless red grapes mixed in (seriously, SO good)
- 1 banana, sliced long-ways with 1 T peanut butter in between the layers. Slice into bite-sized bits and freeze in a zip-lock bag! Bring with you to work or to class to enjoy as a snack between breakfast and lunch.
- 8 oz skim chocolate milk and raw veggies
- 1 slice wheat bread (toasted is best) with 1 T peanut butter spread on top and 1 T raisins
- Handful of your favorite chopped nut sprinkled atop 8 oz. fruit-flavored yogurt (walnuts and slivered almonds are especially good!)
- Unsweetened apple sauce (Motts has some really good flavors!) and 1 slice string cheese (low fat)
- 5 whole wheat crackers or pita triangles with 1 T. peanut butter or hummus
- Whole wheat crackers dipped into ¼ cup low fat cottage cheese
- 8 oz. Low fat cottage cheese mixed with fruit or 4 oz low-fat cottage cheese mixed with 4 oz. fruit-flavored yogurt
- Light hot chocolate and carrots or celery sticks
- 2 c. Fat-free popped kettle corn popcorn and 1 c. skim milk, fat-free chocolate milk, or lowfat yogurt
- 8 oz. greek-style yogurt with 1 T dark chocolate chips and 1 T dried fruit like cranberries or goji berries mixed in (Heavenly!)
- 3 Kashi Stoneground 7-grain crackers with 1 slice low-fat cheese or 1 T peanut butter
- An 8 oz package “Green Giant” garden vegetable medley (microwaveable, in the frozen food section of your grocery store). These are actually delicious, and contain a mere 100 calories per serving! Sprinkle with slivered almonds for an extra treat.
- 8 oz package steamed broccoli (again, you can buy in microwaveable bags!) drizzled with 1 T. Kraft Light Asian sesame dressing.
- ¼ c. (handful) KASHI Go Lean cereal sprinkled atop 8 oz. low-fat yogurt
- Two handfuls dark chocolate chips or two 1-inch squares dark chocolate (aim for 90% cocoa dark chocolate if you can find it), with two handfuls of raisins.
Experience how these and other snack ideas fit into a complete workout and nutrition program.