In this article you are going to learn 7 simple techniques you can use today to start making a ton of progress in losing weight, totally impress your friends, and turn heads when you walk into a room. Here’s how to get a sexy transformed physique.
First, to begin you need to satisfy the two basics to getting a great body:
- A good workout combines free-weight lifting and moderate cardio sessions.This is the only way to lose fat, get strong, look toned, and feel great.Long, grueling cardio sessions and dieting are a thing of the past, and so are the baby weights.
- Exercise alone is not enough! Proper nutrition requires eating whole, unprocessed, simple, healthy foods 90% of the time, in 5-6 small frequent meals each day. It means drinking lots of water, and feeding your body with plenty of good food, especially surrounding a workout. Starvation and meal skipping is simply not acceptable if you want to look and feel your best!
Ok, so this satisfies the basics…
Here’s what to do to take it to the next level
- If you don’t already keep a fitness log, do so. Keeping track of how much weight you are lifting during every workout will ensure that you are pushing yourself each time you go to the gym. Did you lift 10 lbs last week with ease? Then try 15 lbs this week! (Break your records!)You get the idea. Perhaps you have seen a success so far without keeping track of your workouts. However, you might not even realize that you could be pushing yourself a lot harder than you are! Plus, by not keeping a detailed fitness log, you run the risk of either lifting too much and getting injured, or lifting too little and reaching a plateau. Keeping a log will help avoid this.
- Take a yoga class once a week, and stretch every night before bed.Yoga will improve your posture, your flexibility, range of motion and your peace of mind – all of which will contribute to better results with your workouts! This increased range of motion will enable you to engage more muscle fibers during your lifts, which of course will increase the fat burning and effectiveness of your workouts. Stretching at night before bed will do the same thing – and will also relax your body and help you sleep better. (For an awesome yoga workout you can do in the comfort of your own living room, check out this website. I’ve tried countless yoga DVDs, and this one is by far the best!)
- Try saving the carbs for after your workout. It is true that your working muscles need carbohydrates, but most people eat way more than they need. And, as we all know, any excess carbs are only going one place: as fatty tissue on our butts, thighs, and stomachs.So, if you really love carbs, try limiting them to twice a day – maybe breakfast and definitely post-workout. (After a workout is really the optimal time to eat carbs because muscles are depleted and hungry for glucose)!
- Try “Cardio Sandwiching”: Run a mile on the treadmill (no longer than 8 – 10 minutes) before you lifting workout, and then running another mile after you finish your lift (again, no more than 8 – 10 minutes). The mile beforehand will get your heart rate up and will help you burn even more fat during your lift, and the mile afterwards will keep your heart rate and calorie-burning up even longer post-workout.Try doing this once or twice a week, and take a break from “sandwiching” every three weeks or so (otherwise you may start to burn out because this gets intense).
- Try Super High Intensity Interval Training (aka S.H.I.I.T) Haha…my clients and I always joke about this acronym. The idea behind interval training is you push your body for a brief 45 – 60 second burst of effort, followed by a 2 – 4 minute recovery period of lower intensity.My favorite S.H.I.T workout is to pull a weight sled for 50 steps and then run a 2 – 3 minute lap around the track – check out the video!I repeat this dragging, running for 20 – 30 minutes once or twice a week. Interval training has made a huge difference in my clients’ fitness level. It promotes muscle recovery, burns a ton of fat and makes running around the track a TON of fun. Give it a try. You can get a weight sled at one of my favorite fitness sites – Elite FTS.com.
Try these tips and you’ll notice some amazing changes taking place in your body after just a few short weeks. Exercising, eating healthy and getting in great shape can really be addicting and a ton of fun.
Ready to get started??